Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Busy Night ...

January 19, 2017
I arrived at the Knight household this afternoon ...
The grandchildren arrived home from school and we got busy with dinner ... 
After Ella showed me her new house and her bean bag chair ... we headed to the kitchen ...
First of all Ella figured we needed to bake a "Crazy Cake" for dessert ...
Ella gathered all the ingredients for the recipe ...
She is so helpful ... measuring everything herself ... and placing the prepared batter in the oven ...
 
I already had the spaghetti sauce made ... and while the pasta was cooking ...
James made his famous Caesar Salad ...
We enjoyed a lovely dinner ... loved all the chatter ... and laughing ...
 
While Ella was icing and decorating the cooled cake ...
I taught the boys how to set up and play Solitaire with real cards ...
 as opposed to playing it on their iPads ...
After a few games we sat down at the table and had our dessert ...
While I finished cleaning up the kitchen ... I helped Ella with her spelling words ...
We decided to play other card games ...
until it was time to go to bed ... as they had school the next day ...
 

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks delicious... you can come and cook for me anytime. Is it not fun playing cards the old fashioned way ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to view my blog.